Thursday, 24 March 2016

Tiny Toffee Blog Hop

Hello! Welcome! It's my turn on the Tiny Toffee Blog Hop! I'm really excited to show you what I've been working on... but first let me introduce Susi. I feel like Susi and I go waay back. She's been coming up with brilliant ideas that I can't resist getting involved in for several years now. It started back in 2013 when she set up a Weekender Friends group on Flickr. I have a sneaky feeling that none of us have actually made our Weekender Bags (yet!) but we had a lot of fun making blocks for each other. Susi's latest venture is Tiny Toffee Designs. She's created the most adorable, tiny paper pieced patterns to fit inside a 1" hexagon. Her latest pattern set is 'Dream Big', there's an elephant, a swan, mountains and more. And they are all tiny. Susi asked me to share the heart design with you today but as you'll see, I couldn't stop there.

A little bit about how I did the foundation paper piecing... I used my tried and true, most favourite technique... using freezer paper instead of paper to create reusable templates (no paper ripping required). Find my tutorial here. The only thing I did differently for these tiny patterns, after sewing each seam I trimmed the seam allowance to 1/8" to reduce bulk.

If you've taken a peek at the photos below you'll notice there is not pieced hexagon in sight. It's not that I'm against English Paper Piecing, but my first EPP project has been a work in progress for three years now so it seemed best not to start a new one! Instead I've used Susi's patterns to make the ends of Kristyne's Round Pencil Case (find Kristyne's pattern here), they were a perfect fit for each other!







Pop over to Susi's Tiny Toffee Designs Etsy store to see more of her beautiful designs!

For more inspiration, take a look at the rest of the Blog Tour...

3 comments:

  1. OMG! How adorable! Susi's designs and Krystyne's cases are a match made in quilty heaven!! Love these SO much!!! x p.s your fabric choices are perfection ( as always! ) ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to combine the two designs together. These tiny pencils are adorable. Thanks for this inspirational project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this super gorgeous make Rachel!!!!! You know I´d steal one right out of this picture! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...